At CES 2024, MSI revealed their new AI-enabled gaming monitor that players will be able to use to cheat in competitive FPS titles such as MW3 and Warzone.
It will have a variety of concerning features that may give players a serious advantage in online multiplayer games.
Where Call of Duty is concerned, it will give players yet another way to cheat in MW3 and Warzone. Lobbies are already chock-full of cheaters, with COD’s RICOCHET anti-cheat struggling to keep up.
AI-enabled tech such as MSI’s new monitor will certainly give cheaters yet another leg up.
What Is MSI’s AI Monitor?
MSI’s MEG 321URX QD-OLED display is an upcoming AI-powered gaming monitor that uses AI software and training tools to significantly increase accessibiility options.
It also will allow you to cheat in online multiplayer games. It detects enemies and highlights the direction they are coming from.
Furthermore, MSI promises to release an AI training tool alongside the monitor. It will help you train it to give you even more advantages in online games.
The monitor was not meant to be used in this way, but it is clear that many will exploit its features to cheat in multiplayer.
If you want a closer look, check out Linus Tech Tips showcasing it below:
MSI’s monitor has the following AI features that players may take advantage of:
- AI-powered SkySight feature
- SkySight is a feature that uses AI to detect and show the player the location of enemies on the screen
- The feature was showcased during a game of League of Legends in the above Linus Tech Tips video. The monitor uses AI to analyze the game’s minimap and then highlights the enemy’s location with large indicators that pop up on the screen:
- Trainable AI models
- The monitor has a feature where it will use AI to recognize other visual elements in any game. You can feed it your own training data where it’ll make custom AI models
- This will initially require your PC’s processing power to set up, but then will be able to work on its own
What’s important to note here is that the information presented to the player is generated by AI from the monitor. They have nothing to do with the game itself.
This means that the player will be given extra information that the game’s developers did not implement or intend for them to see.
Furthermore, the trainable AI models have unlimited potential in what visual information you’ll be able to receive in a given game, depending on how you’ve trained it. The possibilities for cheating seem endless.
Unlimited Cheating Potential
Due to the AI-powered UI overlays and trainable AI models, MSI’s monitor will give gamers plenty of ways to cheat in practically any game they want.
Popular FPS YouTuber JackFrags put out a video expressing his concerns about the cheating potential with MSI’s AI monitor:
In the video, JackFrags suggests a myriad of ways players could train the monitor’s AI to cheat in competitive multiplayer games such as MW3 and Warzone:
- To highlight enemy players with a large red outline and a chevron arrow icon
- This would be especially beneficial for playing on larger maps such as on Warzone or in the War Mode game type
- To spot enemies in dark and hard-to-see areas
- To highlight sniper glare/glint that you would have otherwise missed
These are just a few ways in which players could use the monitor to cheat in online games. There are likely to be countless other ways people can custom train its AI models to gain an advantage.
What does This Mean for MW3 & Warzone?
AI-enabled tech and software have the potential to impact multiplayer in MW3 and Warzone in a hugely negative way. It’s not good news for Call of Duty fans.
As the AI will run through the monitor independent of your PC, it will be almost impossible to detect through RICOCHET anti-cheat. This means that players will be able to cheat without any repercussions whatsoever.
What’s more, you may even be able to take advantage of the MSI monitor’s AI-powered benefits on consoles as well as PC. Once the AI training has been set up, it will run on its own and presumably work when an Xbox Series X|S or PS5 is connected to it.
When released into the wild, this can potentially get into a lot of people’s hands. It will give huge amounts of players a very easy way to cheat in COD games.
If MSI goes forward with the release of their AI monitor, we have to hope the likes of RICOCHET can keep up with the spread of AI-powered cheating in MW3 and Warzone. We certainly have our fingers crossed that this will be the case!
If that wasn’t depressing enough, check out how this gamepad mapper gives PC players no recoil and controller aim assist for another way players can easily cheat in MW3.