Black Friday 2023 is right around the bend. The big shopping holiday officially kicks off Friday, Nov. 24, but retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and others have plenty of excellent sales happening ahead of then. These sales include everything that may be on your wishlist, whether it’s video games, gaming headsets and mice, Legos, and more. Keep in mind, though, that this is just a small taste of what’s to come, both in terms of deals as well as our coverage.
We’ll continue to update this page with new deals as they become available leading up to Black Friday.
Best early Black Friday video game deals
- At Best Buy, members of its My Best Buy Plus ($49.99 per year) or Total ($179.99 annually) can get any three Switch games for the price of two. On X (formerly Twitter), Wario64 notes that this deal will end at night on Sunday, Nov. 12.
- The Diablo 4 Xbox Series X bundle is usually $559.99, but Best Buy has discounted the console to $499.99, essentially letting you pick up a copy of the game for free. At GameStop, this $499.99 bundle not only includes Diablo 4, but another digital game of your choosing. If you’d rather get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for free with your $499.99 Series X, Best Buy’s got you covered.
- The Deluxe Edition of Street Fighter 6 is normally $84.99, but you can pick up this title for Xbox for $42.49 from GameStop.
- At multiple retailers, you can get one of Sony’s new, slimmer PS5 consoles for $499.99 (its regular cost) that comes bundled with either Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 or Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 for no extra cost (a $69.99 value).
- Lexar’s 4 TB M.2 SSD for PS5 and PC with a pre-installed heatsink is $206.99 (was $229.99). This is one of the most affordable 4 TB SSDs we’ve seen yet.
- At multiple retailers, you can get a Sony DualSense wireless controller for PS5 and PC for $49.99 or a little less (was $69.99, and in some cases, special edition colors were $74.99).
- If you’re planning to buy a Nintendo Switch this holiday, and have your sights set on the standard $299.99 model, make sure you get this holiday bundle that also includes Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and three months of Nintendo’s Switch Online service for no extra cost.
- Are you a fan of Super Smash Bros.? On Nov. 19, Nintendo will begin to sell a new Switch OLED bundle that includes Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for no extra charge. We’ll be sure to add a shopping link once it’s available to purchase. Additionally, as detailed in our post, Nintendo will temporarily cut prices on popular Switch games by $20 or $30, depending on the title. Stay tuned!
- Many, many Switch accessories are discounted at Amazon, including the Hori Split Pad Compact for $31.09 (was $49.99), the 8BitDo Pro 2 wired controller for $22.39 (was $34.99), and this sweet Switch zip-up case designed with Link facing down a Lynel from Breath of the Wild for $12.79 (was $19.99).
- Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are typically $59.99 each, but you can pick up either title from GameStop for $29.99.
- Bayonetta 3 for the Switch is $34.99 (was $59.99) at Amazon
- Fire Emblem Engage for the Switch is $34.99 (was $59.99) at Amazon
- Originally $59.99, you can pick up New Pokémon Snap from GameStop for just $29.99 right now.
The Asus ROG Ally is usually $699.99, but Best Buy has discounted the powerful handheld gaming PC to $619.99. However, if you’re a My Best Buy Plus or My Best Buy Total member, you’ll save an additional $20. The Verge notes that the ROG Ally is $599.99 for anyone who buys it through Asus’ site with the offer code NC100 used at checkout.
- The 34-inch Alienware QD-OLED curved gaming monitor is $799.99 at Dell’s site (was $1,099.99). This is the biggest price drop we’ve seen on this model.
- If you have an appetite for an even wider, bigger OLED gaming monitor, Best Buy has the best price on LG’s 45-inch curved 1440p monitor. Normally $1,699.99, if you sign up for My Best Buy Plus or Total, it’ll knock $700 off the total. At $999.99, there’s never been a better price.
- Logitech’s G Pro X Superlight wireless gaming mouse is currently discounted to $109.99 at Amazon (was $159.99). This is one of the lightest mice on the market, making it great for people who don’t want a heavy mouse to hold back their reflexes.
- The wired version of the Logitech G502 X gaming mouse is on sale for $59.99 through Amazon (was $79.99). This is a great mouse for people who want to have lots of inputs.
Best early Black Friday board game deals
- Take a short hike through the East Sea Road in Japan with Tokaido, a lovely little board game that’s available from Amazon for $24.76 (was $39.99).
- If Age of Empires were a deck-building game, you’d have 7 Wonders. Typically available for $59.99, you can currently pick up a copy from Amazon for $40.
- Descent: Legends of the Dark features a ton of unpainted miniatures, and a lengthy, interconnected campaign designed for one to four players. This massive game is usually $174.95 but is currently discounted to $87.48 at Amazon.
- Azul, the beautiful tile-matching game is currently discounted to $21.70 at Amazon (was $39.99).
- Bear-mounted cavalry clash with steam-powered mechs in the territory control game Scythe, which is on sale at Amazon for $67.33 (was $79.99).
- Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 is perhaps the quintessential Legacy board game. Originally $69.99, you can pick up this tense, cooperative board game as part of Amazon’s ongoing buy two, get a third game of equal or lesser value for free.
Best early Black Friday Lego deals
- The Lego version of the Atari 2600 (complete with cartridges and classic wood paneling) is currently discounted to $201.73 (was $239.99).
- Typically $89.99, you can currently pick up the Horizon Forbidden West Tallneck in Lego form for just $73.99.
- The 1,267-piece version of the Lego AT-AT is currently discounted to its lowest price ever, letting you take this set home for just $127.99 (was $169.99).
- Normally, the 1,351-piece Lego Millennium Falcon is $169.99, but Amazon has discounted this set to $135.99. The lowest price we’ve seen yet for the ship that made the Kessel run in twelve parsecs.
- Yet another Star Wars Lego set available for its lowest price ever, the 474-piece version of Luke Skywalker’s X-Wing is on sale for $32.49 at Amazon (was $49.99).
- The Mario, Luigi, and Peach starter courses for Lego Super Mario are currently discounted to $47.99 at Amazon (were $59.99).
- The summer home of the royal house of Toadstool is typically priced at $129.99, but you can currently pick up the Peach’s Castle expansion set for Lego Super Mario at Amazon for $115.99.
Best early Black Friday entertainment deals
- Through Dec. 4, Barnes & Noble is slashing prices on many Criterion Collection movies, including DVDs, Blu-rays, 4K Blu-rays, and even top-tier box sets. This semi-annual sale is the perfect time to pick up acclaimed movies from the modern era, as well as older must-see films.
- The 4K UHD version of the Super Mario Bros. Movie is currently available at Amazon for $21.18 (was $29.99), you can also pick up the Blu-ray version for $9.99 (was $19.99)
- If you missed out on the opportunity to see Barbie in theaters, you can currently pick up the 4K UHD version at Amazon for $24.99 (was $29.96). The Blu-ray is also available for $12.99 (was $39.98).
- The 4K Blu-ray version of James Cameron’s Titanic is $29.99 at Amazon, and it will launch on Dec. 5. This is a few dollars less than the cost at other retailers. If you want to go all out on the pricey collector’s edition (detailed in this post), that version is about $20 cheaper at Best Buy compared to Amazon.
Update (Nov. 10): Added several deals